Adult Occupational Therapy
With the support of Advantage Therapy & Rehabilitation, all adult patients will be motivated and pushed to improve and restore upper extremity function as a result of injury, stroke, or surgery.
Our experienced occupational therapists have a wide range of knowledge and intervention techniques to help you reach your maximum potential. We pride ourselves on our ability to challenge you and help you achieve goals that initially appear out of reach.
Common Adult Diagnoses our Occupational Therapists Treat:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Upper body weakness
- Upper extremity injuries/surgeries (shoulder, elbow, forearm, wrist, hand, fingers)
- Rotator cuff repair
We offer custom splints. Our therapists are able to fabricate splints to treat carpal tunnel, arthritis, and fractures. Splints are made in our office and provided to the patient the same day as their therapy appointment.
Adult Occupational Therapy Exercises
We offer custom home exercise programs tailored to each patient for their needs:
- Range of motion exercises
- Constraint Induced Movement Therapy for neurological patients (CIMT is intense therapy to increase the use of an affected side as a result of a neurological injury such as a stroke)
- Saebo glove training (Saebo products are designed to increase the use of an affected side as a result of a neurological injury such as a stroke)
- Pain management modalities (ultrasound, iontopatch, phonophoresis)
- Adaptive equipment to help patients become more independent in self-care activities (adaptive utensils, dressing aids, etc).
Request an Appointment
We have clinics in Beulaville, Goldsboro, Smithfield, and Jacksonville and travel services in Wilson & Johnston counties. Contact us today to learn how we can serve you, or request an appointment today!Request an Appointment